Monday, October 20, 2008

Work it girl!

Which reminds me, Cerise, of another sewing based phrase, "you got your work cut out for you." I have a lot of work cut out for me. Now if I could just find some nice cording for drawstrings and 1 1/2 inch cotton webbing for straps.
I had to order black and natural webbing today from the local Joann's as they are ALWAYS out. I get the same answer, "A truck just came in. Come back tomorrow." This has been going on for a month. Today the helpful clerk suggested I special order. I figured I'd have to order a whole spool, but found out I could order as little as a yard. Then it became complicated. I had to go to the cash register, give them all my personal information and prepay. I asked the clerk if I could just tell the cashier what I wanted. Oh nooo. Instead, I had to wait for a half hour while the helpful clerk was on her knees scanning every code to see which was the one that I needed. Occasionally she'd shout out, "I found blue!" Thanks, but I need black and natural, 1 1/2 inch. "I found one-inch!" Thanks, but I need 1 1/2 inch. Anyone who has ever been to Joann's will understand. Of course, then there was an issue about getting in the cashier line again, using my coupon (I already wasted it on buttons, sorry, too late) and pushing past all the moms frantically shopping for ribbon and shiny fabric to make their toddlers into princesses for Halloween.
I think I will go as a yoga mat bag for Halloween. I have the pieces cut out.
Theresa, OmMama

2 comments:

Michelle Koury said...

why does joann's have to be so crazy? for webbing you should check out mamashecrazy.esty.com

OmMama and KraftyKatina said...

I WISH I had my work cut out for me. It would be soooo much easier!