Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me!


As a sewer and a crafter, you really know best what you need and having the right tools for the job makes the job so much better. While you can certainly put these on your Christmas list, I am getting a few things for myself:
New pins and needles: yes, I have a lot of them. Some from my grandmother. Very dull indeed! And have the right kind of needle for the job. There is a nice little article on the types of needles for the job here.
Sharpen my scissors: I have some that won't even cut thread anymore. They are great scissors, they just need sharpening. Find the best local knife and scissor sharpener through your local fabric or yarn store.
Ergonomic seam ripper: And it is sharp!
Lots of empty bobbins: no more pulling thread off a bobbin when I need an empty one.
New organizers: No more wasting time looking for doodads when I can be crafting or sewing.
The list could go on, but these are the things I am starting with. After all, I have been a good girl this year!
Theresa, Ommama

No comments: