Monday, December 20, 2010

Hand Made Holiday

I can't post what I made yet, but I am proud to say that 7 people on my list this year are getting hand-made gifts. Hand-made gifts means planning a little earlier and knowing a bit about the person and their tastes. Some of the gifts I give with a "return policy" telling the recipient that I'd be happy to remake it in a color more to their liking.
I saved money as I looked for bargains on my raw materials throughout the year. I set deadlines, gave myself plenty of time and it all worked out great. Now is a good time to start thinking of ideas for next year, while it is fresh in your mind. Search DIY sites and look in on Martha for ideas or find the perfect sewing pattern and look for bargain fabrics. As soon as the gifts are open, I will post some pics of them!
Happy Holidays!
Theresa, ommama

1 comment:

OmMama and KraftyKatina said...

Can't wait to see the ones I haven't seen yet!!!