Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Cupcakes

My grandma's 80th birthday was three weeks ago. Family came out from all over to surprise her with a party. My job: make a cake. But of course with a few glutards and dairy derps in the family (this girl being one of them), I of course made two cakes. The request: coconut. The glutenous cake came out a bit heavy as the last two sad little eggs from my chickens barely pulled through and the egg whites were quite lacking. I used them anyways. The glutard version came out amazing, thank you Pamela's mix and yes I still have a ton from the wedding and yes it's still good. Key to amazing coconut frosting (aside from shredded coconut and lovely pastel candies gracefully mashed all over the completed creation): coconut oil in place of butter and coconut milk (from the can) in place of cow milk (don't forget the meringue powder for a perfect texture). Though I tried to make the glutard cake derp free, I realized much too late I forgot to cut my ridiculously tall 6" baked good in half and add frosting in the middle. Still delicious. Here are my sweet little creations!


Happy baking my little cupcakes!
Cerise

No comments: