Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wedding Party Favors

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, one of the many things we made for the upcoming wedding in August are wedding favors. Theresa came across some wonderful hot air balloon pins on Etsy. We had been going with a Victorian meets steampunk style theme that included dirigibles. I'm not sure that the dirigibles will be getting tied in very well at this point but the eclectic stuff we have going on fits us quite perfectly. My Cricut die cutter came in handy to make little tags that I then aged with brown eye makeup which looks great but my hands looked like they had a long night out on the club when I was done. The sweet little pins were attached in the middle of the tag and ribbons through the holes. I then painstakingly stamped our initials and the wedding date on each one. It was really fun and a great excuse to buy more neat stamps and stamp pads. It did take forever and Dexter ate about ten of them on evening. Definitely worth the time to make our own favors though!





No comments: